Terms & Conditions
DOWNER SCHOOL HOLIDAY CLINIC TERMS
- Monday 13 December 2021 (11:00am – 3:00pm – USC Stadium)
- Thursday 13 January 2022 (12:00pm – 4:00pm – USC Stadium)
Once your booking has been submitted it is confirmed subject to payment being received. All bookings must be paid for prior to attending the clinic.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cancellations made 14 days or more in advance of the clinic taking place will receive a full refund. Cancellations made between seven (7) to 13 days of the clinic taking place will receive a 50% refund less $5 administration fee. Cancellations made within six (6) day of the clinic taking place are non-refundable. In the event of injury or illness to a registered participant (and on presentation of a valid medical certificate) you will be refunded your full registration fee less a $5 administration fee. Substitutions are welcome as long as we are notified by email at least 24 hours before the clinic commences.
In the event the SCL has to cancel the clinic, a full refund will be provided.
By submitting the registration form, you consent for your child/ward (“Child) to participate in the Sunshine Coast Lightning (“SCL”) Downer School Holiday Clinic (“Clinic”) and to receive first aid treatment (including being administered with medication) if required.
SCL and Downer may use any photographs, sound and film recordings taken of you and your Child at the Clinic for any reason whatsoever. This consent extends to any attending media at the Clinic.
In consideration of SCL allowing my Child, once they are a registered participant, to participate in the Clinic, I agree to release and hold harmless SCL, including its officers, employees and agents, from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by my Child (a) arising from or in respect of participation in any game or other activity (Downer School Holiday Clinic related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of SCL, whether or not the injury is caused by participation in the Clinic or any other reason whatsoever; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of SCL or any other individual.
I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the Clinic or other activity, some physical contact will occur between my child and other individuals involved in the Program; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold SCL or any other SCL representative responsible for any injury or illness my child may suffer in respect of that contact.
SCL is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. We collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and in some instances your credit card information and details of the items ordered or purchased from us. We may also collect personal information regarding your participation in SCL programs and events such as information regarding your membership details, SCL game attendance and attendance at SCL functions.
SCL collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- where you are a SCL member, to manage your membership of the SCL and our relationship with you;
- to verify your identity;
- to provide our products and services to you and to manage and account for those products and services;
- to improve the products and services SCL offers and keep you informed about those products and services;
- to advise you about any products, services, events and promotions which may be of interest
- to you (including those of our sponsors and partners and Netball Australia);
- to undertake market research, data analysis and direct marketing activities;
- to manage SCL’s relationship with you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of SCL;
- to improve SCL’s websites and other online services; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
- SCL may also disclose your personal information to our service providers or other third parties in connection with the above purposes.
We may use your personal information to communicate with you by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messaging, including for direct marketing purposes. On such occasions, you will be provided with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving further marketing information. You may also contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing information from us.