Sunshine Coast Lightning v Melbourne Vixens
Suncorp Super Netball Round 2 (Via Netball Australia)
Sunday 26 February 12:10pm
University of Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs
Broadcast: Live on Telstra TV, Netball Live App
On Demand Catch Up: 9Now, Telstra TV, Netball Live App
Umpires: Helen George & Marc Henning
Reserve: Andrea Booth
Lightning will host their inaugural home game at the University of Sunshine Coast. They are the city’s first professional sporting team.
- Lightning shooter Caitlin Bassett scored the most goals in Round 1, with 48 goals from 51 attempts at 94 percent accuracy.
- Vixens shooter Mwai Kumwenda was the most second-most accurate in Round 1, with 29 goals from 30 attempts at 97 percent accuracy.
- Tegan Philip marked her return to elite netball with an MVP performance, after suffering an ACL rupture during the 2016 pre-season, which saw her miss the 2016 season.
- The Vixens opted to keep their starting line-up for a full four quarters in the opening round.
- Two Lightning players made their national league debut in Round 1, Madeline McAuliffe and Cara Koenen.