Lightning is on the lookout for a new team member
Community & Events Coordinator
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a newly created role as part of the team at Sunshine Coast Lightning?
Sunshine Coast Lightning netball is a joint venture between Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) and was crowned the 2017 Suncorp Super Netball Champion in its inaugural season. The Club is based at USC’s Sippy Downs campus on the Sunshine Coast in south-east Queensland.
Sunshine Coast Lightning’s vision, mantra and values are at the core of the Club and provide the platform for the strong high-performance culture.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with the execution and measurement of an integrated Community and Fan Engagement strategy. This includes the delivery of an exceptional events and game day offering, creating strong relationships with community partners and ultimately positively integrating the Lightning into the Sunshine Coast community. This role requires focus, expertise and input across the areas of event management, customer experience, community engagement, stakeholder management and marketing.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of event management principles
- Proven ability to foster relationships with stakeholders and third parties
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including written communication
- Results driven thinking with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and/or within a team as required
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Tertiary Qualification in Events or Marketing related field and experience in event management, ideally in entertainment and/or sport will be highly regarded.
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in this fast-paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at midnight Monday 2 October 2017.
(Please note that only applicants who have been selected for interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications).
The successful candidate will need to meet Netball Australia accreditation requirements, which may include a National Police Record clearance.