Finance & Admin Manager
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be part of a close knit and highly commercial team of professionals associated within the sports administration industry. You will be responsible for providing a broad range of financial and administration support functions to the CEO and broader management group, allowing the club to prosper and grow.
This is a sole finance and pivotal role within the business and one that will provide an opportunity to engage directly with senior stakeholders to ensure the club’s long term success from a finance and administration perspective. This is an opportunity to define a career path within the sports administration sector whilst working for a progressive club, the Sunshine Coast Lightning.
Sunshine Coast Lightning’s vision, mantra and values are at the core of the Club and provide the platform for the strong high-performance culture.
- Financial and management accounting activities, including transactional support tasks
- Financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of board report pack
- Implementation and maintenance of internal governance and controls
- Office management and broad administration functions
- Corporate sponsorship support and assistance in the delivery of corporate partners program
- Identification and implementation of process improvements to create efficiencies
Skills and Experience
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Cultural alignment to a sporting club that operates according to its core values
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and broadly focused environment/role
- Proactive and solutions focused
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with the Sunshine Coast Lightning, a progressive sporting club which competes in the world’s premier netball league, Suncorp Super Netball. Established in 2016 by a two partner joint venture between Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and the University of the Sunshine Coast, they are well positioned within the netball community. During its short tenure, the club has enjoyed enormous success in its first two seasons, winning back-to-back premierships which has contributed to a solid membership and corporate partner base.
With headquarters situated on the Sunshine Coast, they are now well positioned for growth and development, with the Finance & Admin Manager role created to support core business activities.