Sunshine Coast Lightning is committed to supporting and engaging with the Sunshine Coast Community and developing long lasting relationships with Members and fans. Our focus in relation to athlete appearances is to encourage and motivate attendees to lead an active and healthy lifestyle, while also developing strong community bonds.
Appearances can include the athletes hosting clinics as well as attending community, sporting and school events e.g. school assemblies, club presentation nights and charity events. While we endeavour to consider all requests, there are a number of player appearance guidelines that must be taken into account:
• Athletic/exercise programs that may present the risk of injury to the player or participants will not be considered.
• Please review the Suncorp Super Netball Fixture before submitting your request. Appearances on match or travel days are unfortunately not possible.
• Player appearances should generally not exceed two hours.
• All appearances are dependent on players’ training and work/study schedules, which can change at short notice. Lightning reserves the right to substitute a player, reschedule or cancel an appearance if a player becomes unavailable.
• Appearance requests for organisations or businesses in competition with Lightning’s associated sponsors will not be considered.
Samsung Player Ambassador Program
Player appearance fees
Lightning players undertake a limited number of voluntary/free appearances to fulfil a wide variety of the Club’s and Netball Australia’s commitments. As such, appearance requests will likely be subject to a fee to cover payment and travel costs to the players.
The following fees are applicable for player appearances on the Sunshine Coast:
|Who||Fee – per player/per hour (ex. GST)||Notes|
|Community Groups/Charities &
|$100||General attendance – photos and autographs|
|$150||Q&A, Guest gpeaker|
|$200||Basic netball drills/skills, MC or event hosts|
|School Visits||$100||General attendance, e.g. handing out awards, photos and autographs|
|$150||Speaking at school assemblies or addressing classes/teaching groups|
|Netball Clinics||$250||Up to 30 participants per player, all locations (e.g. school, netball club, workplace) – tailored to requirements|
|Commercial Requests||$250||Guest speaker, MC, workplace workshops|
The above-mentioned fees are applicable to Sunshine Coast-based applicants and may also be subject to travel costs. Applicants outside the Sunshine Coast region may be subject to higher fees and will incur additional costs for travel e.g. flights, accommodation and meals.
If a player appearance is approved, Lightning will invoice the successful applicant and payment is required before the appearance can take place.
Lightning can provide a quote for player appearances upon request, please email the community department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations made by an individual or organisation will be handled according to the time between Lightning being notified of the cancellation and the scheduled appearance date as follows:
• 14 or more days – full refund.
• 7-13 days – full refund less $75 administration fee.
• Less than 7 days – non-refundable.
In the unlikely event Lightning has to cancel an appearance, a full refund will be provided.
Process and timeframes
Lightning will respond to requests within four weeks of receiving them. Requests must be submitted by filling in the player appearance request form. Where possible, requests should include support material e.g. a flyer, brochure, letter of support or advice on where any funds raised through Lightning merchandise will be donated.
Please note that while we endeavour to fulfil every request, our athletes may not be available for some appearances. If no one is available on your preferred date, we will work with you to try and find a suitable alternate date.
If you require any information or have any questions, please email the community department on email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and ongoing support!